Sunday, December 8, 2013

Quality over Quantity



We've all doubted ourselves and everybody hates that feeling. What used to drive me certifiably crazy was when others made me doubt myself, and worse, when my own friends made me doubt myself.

Some of the people who made me feel like I didn't belong were my friends, and that was a harsh reality. I used to surround myself with people who would give me weird looks when I made my quirky comments. If I would say something they'd roll their eyes. This didn't affect me at all physically, but it hurt emotionally. 

I've realized that surrounding myself with people that make me happy is the best thing I can do. At some point this year I woke up and realized that I needed to focus on those that made me happy, and as soon as I stopped interacting with the bad influences in my life, good things started to come my way. I've made so many friends who love and laugh with me and who completely accept me. Better yet, our values line up and we enjoy the same things (e.g. Lilly P, sailing, and all the good things). 

With these people around me I'm a happier, more pleasant person and I feel better about myself. So let go of those who bring you down and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you. That is the greatest thing you can do for yourself.

Much Love,
Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @IvyandCedar