Sunday, January 5, 2014

Movie Recommendations

I've loved watching movies ever since I can remember (Heck, Titanic was my first movie as a kid!). I was also raised by a single mother, so we never actually ate dinner around a dinner table; we ate while watching a movie. So in honor of my love for movies, I thought I'd do a recommendations post! Here we go!

Frozen (aka the best movie ever) was so wonderfully amazing! It made me laugh, cry, and kept me engaged the whole time. It's such a heartwarming story that is beautifully written and animated. The songs are great too! I think I'm going to go watch again (by myself) so I can singalong shamelessly.


The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a spoonful of visually brilliant. And I mean it. However, it is a bit complex! So if you're feeling like a bit of a heavy movie, then I recommend it! However, if you're not into complex than feel free to skip this one!


Blackfish. Please watch this! Blackfish tells the story of Tilikum, the largest orca living in captivity, at Orlando’s SeaWorld and explores the horrors of animals held in captivity. It is so eye-opening. This movie is really heavy stuff, though. It is pretty dark and serious.

Saving Mr. Banks is the story behind the making of Mary Poppins. This movie is magic. This is a timeless, effortless, and classic movie that will move you miles! If this doesn't get an Oscar, I don't know what Oscars are for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @IvyandCedar