Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sprinkle of Inspo and a Dash of Motivation

As a very wise person (Zig Ziglar, to be exact) once said,


“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”


I've been having some trouble with motivation and inspiration these past few days. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's been snowing cats and dogs or whether it's because I've been stressed. I've desperately needed a dose of motivation and inspiration to get myself going. The funniest thing is that I've always thought that I needed to go on an adventure or see something outstanding to get motivated and inspired. What I've been learning these past few weeks is that is simply not the case. There is inspiration in everything, you just have to find it. Inspiration can come from the silliest places, like a textbook (Thanks Econ) or that kid across the street who idolizes you. 

Recently my kid neighbor has motivated me to work SO much harder at everything. After a while, all responsibilities start to seem so unbearable. On Sunday, I honestly was so stressed, I felt like I couldn't handle it. The next day, as I was babysitting her, my 8-year-old neighbor told me she wanted to be exactly like me when she grew up. That one sentence actually had me so excited to get to school the next day. I took a walk with my friend (and her adorable dog) this evening, and the snow, her jokes, and her dog's happy nature inspired me to de-stress. The lesson for today has been to find motivation and inspiration in everything...flowers, long walks, shopping, doggies, kids, and all the other awesome things in life. Life is great. Make sure you spend it in wonder and awe with an inspired nature and a happy-go-lucky attitude. 


And a Kennedy photo always helps me to get inspired:)



What gets you motivated?

xoxo
Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @IvyandCedar